The Ambassador Scholarship is for students that are willing to work as an Ambassador at a specific school. The responsibilities vary from school to school, but essentially include giving students tours, helping with office work, and other recruiting responsibilities. It's a great opportunity for a student that excels in leadership and working with people.
The Honors Program Scholarship also varies at each school, but essentially gives students a chance to be in smaller classes, work more with professors, be involved in undergraduate research, and of course...receive a scholarship. If you do not see a school and scholarship listed you would like to know about, look at the college website or ask Mrs. Krim for help)
ONE NOTE: You must be accepted to the University before you can be accepted to the Honors Program or as an Ambassador.
- Utah State University: Ambassador Scholarship Deadline: February 1, 2015
- Utah State University: Aggie Involvement Scholarship Deadline: February 1, 2015
- Utah State University: Honors Program Program is open to top 150 incoming first year students at Utah State. Apply VERY early (recommended: before November 1)
- Weber State University: Ambassador Application Deadline: February 3, 2015
- Weber State University: Honors Program Application Deadline: January 31, 2015 (If you are interested, email the contact on the website immediately to receive the Pathfinder Scholarship Application. You must apply to the Honors Program AND the Pathfinder Scholarship--they are separate applications)
- Utah Valley University: Housing Scholarship Deadline: February 1, 2015 (Application Link)
- Utah Valley University: Honors Program Deadline: February 1, 2015 (application opened December 1, 2013)
- Utah Valley University: Ambassador Homepage Deadline: February 1, 2015
- Dixie State University: Ambassador Application Deadline: February 15, 2015
- Dixie State University: Honors Program Deadline: February 1, 2015
- Snow College: Academic Scholarship Deadline; March 1, 2015 (This is MUCH later than other college deadlines. Also check out the Index Score--you might be surprised how much money you could be awarded at Snow College)
- Snow College: Ambassador Application Deadline: March 1, 2015 (Note: Even though the deadline is March 1--all students must have an interview ON campus. See website for dates available, specifically those connected to a "Snow Blast")
- Snow College: Honors Program Deadline: March 1, 2015 (for acceptance to program); April 1, 2014 (for Honors Program Scholarship)
- Courageous Persuaders VIDEO Scholarship Grades 9-12 can apply. Deadline: February 10, 2015 Create an original 30-second video about the dangers of underage drinking. Multiple Scholarships awarded in the amount of $1,000 - $2,000. One grand-prize scholarship in the amount of $10,000. (Fun Scholarship!) Check out previous winning videos
- Daughters of American Revolution H.S. Seniors can apply. Deadline: February 10, 2015 There are multiple scholarships available through the DAR: all accept the same application. Simply copy as many applications as necessary and apply to multiple scholarships. Various awards from $1,000 - $5,000.
- Buick Leaders & Achievers Scholarship Seniors can apply; prepare as a sophomore / junior Deadline: February 15, 2015. Students that are planning on going into engineering / technology / business / design programs. 100 National Awards($25,00 / year for four years) as well as multiple awards worth $2,000. Website: http://www.buickachievers.com/?utm_source=MDRe3&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=BA2015
- One Person Can Make a Difference POSTER Contest Grades 9-12 can apply Deadline: February 10, 2015 Create a poster answering the theme "One Person Can Make a Difference". Must be original 16 x 20 inch original poster. Awards: $1,000 (first place), $500 (second place), $250 (third place)
- CTE Scholarship Seniors can apply; begin preparing as a sophomore or junior Deadline: February 23, 2015. Great scholarship for students pursuing any major in any of the "CTE" categories. Check out the "CTE" list--it's bigger than you think! This is a state-scholarship, so the odds are highly in your favor. For the past few years, 50% of the students that applied for the CTE Scholarship received it. (Amazing odds for a Scholarship!)